Monday, October 22, 2007

RACE FOR THE CURE!!

Well we did it...3 miles and still smiling! I loved it...This was my first year to go and race...I had a blast, watching the men do Yoga, belly dancers, and even BIKERS (Big Men in PINK) now those are some real men!! We were in a crowd of 50,000 people and I felt great...I'm not really a person that likes crowd and especially right in the middle, but this was amazing. A rush of emotions goes over you when the walk starts...I can't explain it! You see all the people there and they have all their shirts made up for differ groups, pink hair, etc., and then you see these little girls walking with their grandma and she is wearing a pink shirt, so you know she is a survivor and that those little girls will remember this experiance with her when she is gone...O I just loved being a part of this and knowing that so much $$ was being raised to help in the "Hunt for a Cure" I will be going back for sure next year!

1 comment:

Kim said...

It is quite an amazing experience, isn't it? I am glad you enjoyed it. Still can't believe you didn't see me though - lol.